As most of you are probably aware, Governor Holcomb of Indiana issued a Shelter in Place Directive starting Wednesday March 25th, 2020. This impacts just about everyone, except Health Care and other essential industry workers. In order to fulfill our role in the healthcare system and ensure the well being of our patients, staff, and the community at large, we are adapting the following until April 7th, 2020:
- If you are running a consistent fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more, have a persistent cough, and or difficulty breathing, we ask that you not come in. This doesn't mean you have the Coronavirus, but it is possible and it would be best if you called the health department for a quick verbal screening to see if you fall into a category that would warrant further testing.
- If you are living with someone who has received a positive test for Coronavirus, we ask that you wait two weeks before scheduling to come in.
- If you have been diagnosed with chronic lung disease, heart disease with complications, have unstable diabetes, or are otherwise immune compromised (undergoing cancer treatment, etc.), or if you are over 70 years of age, we ask that you let the staff know before scheduling so they can have you talk with the doctor before coming in.
- In order to minimize risks, we are shifting to an "As Needed Pain-Based Model" for the next few weeks. We understand that during these stressful times, things can be quite overwhelming and literally fry your nervous system! If this is the case right now for you, we stand ready to help reset your system and get you out of pain and suffering, and we will be working in the office on that basis. Hours at the office may shift to meet the need. Once you have an appointment scheduled, rest assured, we will be here. However, if you need to pick up supplements or want to stop in for an adjustment, PLEASE CALL FIRST! We may be opening or closing at varying times over the next 10 days.
- We will continue to follow our sanitary protocol of wiping down tables, cleaning pens and surfaces routinely, as well as washing/sanitizing our hands (as should everybody!).
These are challenging times, but it isn't the first time in history mankind has faced peril! Keep a knee on the ground, hands ready to serve, and an eye towards heaven. I think amazing stories will come from all this!
Please feel free to call our office with any questions or concerns regarding both our hours and your health. And since there are times when we may just be hanging out, if you have a prayer need, please feel free to pass that on to us!
Care Chiropractic - Lafayette, Indiana