I'll bet you can all guess what was Overheard in the Office Last Week! You don't need a re-hash on the topic from me, but I did want to let you know we are open and seeing patients, unless and until we are notified that we should not be otherwise. So, how about a Q/A?
Why did you decide to stay open? Chiropractic is about getting people out of pain and maximizing their nervous system. People in pain and with a compromised nervous system are going to have a compromised immune system, and that makes them more susceptible to getting sick. Happy nerve system = healthy immune system.
What are you doing to minimize virus spread? Currently, we are taking the following measures:
- If you are running a fever and feeling ill, we ask that you don't come in during regular office hours. Contact the office and we can arrange an after-hours time with the appropriate sanitary procedures.
- Each of the doctors will clean the head and arm piece of the table between each patient, as well as their hands before treating you.
- All the pens for patient use will be sterilized after each use. Please do your part by placing any pen you use into the "used pens" cup.
- We have scaled back the Kids Table to just a few easy-to-clean toys and will clean it hourly.
- We have hand sanitizer placed strategically around the office for your use.
Besides getting adjusted, how can I keep myself healthy? Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and don't be afraid to laugh and love. All these things help boost your immune system!
Finally, what is up with the "Not Without Hope" portion of today's title? "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" - 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJ. There are some amazing people in our government and hospitals that are working really hard to keep our country running and safe. We are so thankful for that. But I take comfort in knowing that God wasn't caught off guard by any of this, and He will play it out to His Glory and our best interests.
Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your healthcare team!
Yours in Health,
Drs. Doug and Sue Williams, Dr. Jerry Markley, Liz, Paula, Julia, and Susanna